Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/05/23 16:41:49 UTC

Re: Where do -Xms32m, -Xmx256m, and -Xrs go in the Tomcat 5.0.28 batch files?

And just to let you know, should you ever need/want to run Tomcat as a
service, it's a different story at that point.  At least on Windows, those
settings are stored in the registry.  If you ever need to go down that
road, I highly suggest a look at Tomcat Service Manager:

http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/index.jsp?section=software&subsection=tcservcfg&page=overview

Of course, if your not on Windows or not running as a service, you already
have your answer :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/index.jsp?section=software&subsection=tcservcfg&page=downloads

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, again, Frank,

Where can I get a copy of the code/binaries for Java Service Manager
(the update of Tomcat Service Manager)?  I went to this site but there
seems to be no reference to any downloads.

On 5/23/05, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:
> And just to let you know, should you ever need/want to run Tomcat as a
> service, it's a different story at that point.  At least on Windows, those
> settings are stored in the registry.  If you ever need to go down that
> road, I highly suggest a look at Tomcat Service Manager:
>
> http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/index.jsp?section=software&subsection=tcservcfg&page=overview
>
> Of course, if your not on Windows or not running as a service, you already
> have your answer :)
>
> --
> Frank W. Zammetti
> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> Omnytex Technologies
> http://www.omnytex.com
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2005 10:11 am, Dakota Jack said:
> > Thanks for the assistance.
> >
> > I finally figured this out, for future people trying to find the same
> > answer.  The environmental variables at the top of catalina.bat can be
> > set there.  So, I added:
> >
> > SET CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m -Xrs
> >
> > after
> >

> > rem
> > rem   CATALINA_OPTS   (Optional) Java runtime options used when the
> > "start",
> > rem                   "stop", or "run" command is executed.
> > rem
> >
> > in catalina.bat.
> >

> > On 5/23/05, Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>
> > wrote:
> >> Jack,
> >>
> >> To use the batch files you need to set it as an Environment Variable.
> >> The
> >> catalina.bat file will the pick it up and add it to command line.
> >>
> >> If you are wanting to do some quick testing, I think you MAY be able to
> >> include it on the command line with startup.bat. I don't run on Windows
> >> so I
> >> can't test it.
> >>
> >> If you look in the catalina.bat you will see the comments at the top
> >> talking
> >> about the variables. If you look in startup.bat you will see where it
> >> picks
> >> up the command line variables.
> >>
> >> The .sh files are the nix OS equivalent to the Windows .bat files.
> >>
> >> Doug

~Dakota Jack~