Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/16 13:55:15 UTC

tiles problem

Hello
I two different deployment of Tomcat with an app that work fine in 5.0.27 but fails in 5.0.28.  Looking at the startup the only difference I can see this time is that the 5.0.27 loads this:
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin initDefinitionsFactory

and the 5.0.28 does not.  Is there a way of making the startup of 5.0.28 equivalent to 5.0.27?  Is it just copy over the web.xml?  Ideas? tia.

Re: tiles problem

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/4/16, Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com>:

> In 5.0.28 it says the action is not available and the only difference is
> that it is not loading that Factory.  It must something subtle but
> deterministic.  Any ideas what could be different?  I have looked and they
> seem identical in server.xml and web.xml.  Could it be an extra
> library?  But obviously it is in the struts library and it is being loaded.

Mmm... It could be the XML parser... do you receive some exception at
startup of the web application?

Antonio

Re: tiles problem

Posted by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Antonio
Thanks, however it is very consistent.  In 5.0.28 it says the action is not available and the only difference is that it is not loading that Factory.  It must something subtle but deterministic.  Any ideas what could be different?  I have looked and they seem identical in server.xml and web.xml.  Could it be an extra library?  But obviously it is in the struts library and it is being loaded.  tia

Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote: 2008/4/16, Chris Pat :

> I two different deployment of Tomcat with an app that work fine in 5.0.27
> but fails in 5.0.28.  Looking at the startup the only difference I can see
> this time is that the 5.0.27 loads this:
> org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin initDefinitionsFactory
>
> and the 5.0.28 does not.  Is there a way of making the startup of 5.0.28
> equivalent to 5.0.27?

I think that there are no substantial differences between 5.0.27 and
5.0.28.So may I see how you configure Tiles in your environment?

Is it just copy over the web.xml?

In general it is just a copy of the complete WAR.

Antonio

Re: tiles problem

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.