Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noah <ad...@enabled.com> on 2006/04/06 16:17:20 UTC

[users@httpd] webdav for FreeBSD

Hi there,

I am attempting to figure out more about setting up webdav on FreeBSD.  I am
finding that the http://www.webdav.org website is not answering.  Any clues
where it went?  are there any other sites out there that can assist me?

cheers,

Noah

Re: [users@httpd] webdav for FreeBSD

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/11/06, Noah <ad...@enabled.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:44:40 -0400, Joshua Slive wrote
> > On 4/6/06, Noah <ad...@enabled.com> wrote:
> > > I am attempting to figure out more about setting up webdav on FreeBSD.  I am
> > > finding that the http://www.webdav.org website is not answering.  Any clues
> > > where it went?  are there any other sites out there that can assist me?
> >
> > I'm sure it will be back soon.
> >
> > But if all you want is to configure apache with webdav, then you
> > don't need that sight.  Everything is included in apache for
> > versions 2.0 and up.  See: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav.html
> >

> I am trying to get mod_dav working with apache 2.2.0
>
> And I am not completely understanding something here.  I went to the page
> above and added "Dav On" line - without the quotes - to my httpd.conf file.
>
> when I start apache I get the following error:
>
> --- snip ---
>
> Performing a graceful restart
> Syntax error on line 105 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
> DAV not allowed here

Sounds like you tried to put DAV in the main server section.  It is
only allowed in <Directory> and <Location> sections.

> --- snip ---
>
> So instead I uncommented the following line in httpd.conf:
>
> "Include etc/apache22/extra/httpd-dav.conf"
>
> am I doing the right thing here?

Well, you need to carefully examine that file and see if it is doing
what you want.  At minimum, you'll need to properly configure the
authentication settings.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] webdav for FreeBSD

Posted by Noah <ad...@enabled.com>.