Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by it Force <it...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/04/27 10:23:51 UTC

specifying the required modules?

I have installed a rpm of the apache webserver.
the httpd.conf file contains all the necessary configuration
files.
i also however see that a lot of modules have been
added using the 'addmodule' and the 'loadmodule'
directives.

what i want to ask is are all these modules really
required?

or how do i know which modules to disable ?

Click below to visit monsterindia.com and review jobs in India or
Abroad
http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

Re: specifying the required modules?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 27 Apr 2002, it  Force wrote:

> I have installed a rpm of the apache webserver.
> the httpd.conf file contains all the necessary configuration
> files.
> i also however see that a lot of modules have been
> added using the 'addmodule' and the 'loadmodule'
> directives.
>
> what i want to ask is are all these modules really
> required?
>
> or how do i know which modules to disable ?

Of course that depends on what functionality you need.  See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/
to find out what each module does.  If you want to know what the Apache
group considers the most important modules, look at the "Status" field for
each module.

Joshua.