Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kannan Jayaprakasam <ka...@arcot.com> on 2010/08/30 19:33:58 UTC

Service doesn't get inited.

I have an axis2 aar webservice deployed in Tomcat. The serviceClass's init(ServiceContext) method doesn't at all get called. There is no error message seen in the tomcat logs what is going on. I only see a sentence in the Catalina logs that the application has been deployed. How am I to proceed? Please advice.

Thanks
Kannan

RE: Service doesn't get inited.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Kannan Jayaprakasam [mailto:kannan@arcot.com]
> Subject: Service doesn't get inited.

> How am I to proceed?

By telling us the exact level of Tomcat you're using, the JVM version it's running in, the platform you're running on, how you start Tomcat, and the contents of your webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml file.

 - Chuck

RE: Service doesn't get inited.

Posted by Kannan Jayaprakasam <ka...@arcot.com>.
I found the solution. In the services.xml (that I had generated using maven wsdl2code command) did not have the scope="application". I had noticed it since the beginning but assumed it won't have any effect. Finally I gave up and introduced it
<serviceGroup>
    <service name="hehehe" scope="application">
And it worked. What a cruel behaviour.

--Kannan

Posted by Ben Souther <be...@souther.us>.