Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by my_forum <my...@ukr.net> on 2008/10/16 15:44:13 UTC

Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"

Guys,
I searched through the forum and amoung the sumilar posts I have not found
the precise solution.

When I deploy connection pool through Geronimo Console everything is OK the
only thing I need is to  specify the dependency:

<dep:dependency>
	            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
	            <dep:artifactId>puma2DS</dep:artifactId>
	            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
	            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
</dep:dependency>

, but when I deploy the Oracle Pool as a EAR connection module (I use alt-dd
reference to deployment plan), I get the following exception:

Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
    in gbean
default/puma2/1.0/car?EJBModule=puma2.persistence.jar,J2EEApplication=default/puma2/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=puma2.persistence.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=puma2.persistence
    to a gbean matching the pattern
[?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
[?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve reference
"JtaDataSourceWrapper"
    in gbean
default/puma2/1.0/car?EJBModule=puma2.persistence.jar,J2EEApplication=default/puma2/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=puma2.persistence.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=puma2.persistence
    to a gbean matching the pattern
[?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
    due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
[?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData(DeploymentContext.java:516)

my persistence.xml file looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
	<persistence-unit name="puma2.persistence">
		<description>Oracle Data Source</description>

        <jta-data-source>jdbc/puma2DS</jta-data-source>
	</persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Could anybody help me with this?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"

Posted by my_forum <my...@ukr.net>.

my_forum wrote:

> Guys,
> I searched through the forum and amoung the sumilar posts I have not found
> the precise solution.
>
> When I deploy connection pool through Geronimo Console everything is OK
> the only thing I need is to  specify the dependency:
>

> <dep:dependency>
> 	            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
> 	            <dep:artifactId>puma2DS</dep:artifactId>
> 	            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
> 	            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
> </dep:dependency>
>

> , but when I deploy the Oracle Pool as a EAR connection module (I use
> alt-dd reference to deployment plan), I get the following exception:
>
> Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
>     in gbean
> default/puma2/1.0/car?EJBModule=puma2.persistence.jar,J2EEApplication=default/puma2/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=puma2.persistence.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=puma2.persistence
>     to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>     due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to resolve
> reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"
>     in gbean
> default/puma2/1.0/car?EJBModule=puma2.persistence.jar,J2EEApplication=default/puma2/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=puma2.persistence.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=puma2.persistence
>     to a gbean matching the pattern
> [?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
>     due to: No matches for referencePatterns:
> [?name=jdbc/puma2DS#org.apache.geronimo.naming.ResourceSource]
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.getConfigurationData(DeploymentContext.java:516)
>

> my persistence.xml file looks as follows:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
> 	<persistence-unit name="puma2.persistence">
> 		<description>Oracle Data Source</description>

>         <jta-data-source>jdbc/puma2DS</jta-data-source>
> 	</persistence-unit>
> </persistence>
>
> Could anybody help me with this?
> Thanks in advance!

I have the same exception when I configure my pool in console and make
invalid reference to the pool in my persistence.xml file

	<persistence-unit name="puma2.persistence">
		<description>Oracle Data Source</description>

		<jta-data-source>unexistingDS</jta-data-source>
	</persistence-unit>
looks like I need just to specify another(correct) JNDI name to my pool.
So what is a correct JNDI name to my pool when it's deployed as application
connector module?

Any reply will be helpful for me

Re: Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper"

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I am not too familar with openjpa but I'll give a try :-)

I think the jta-data-source in persistence.xml should refer to the
datasource name configured in database pool.  For example, for our
sample-datasource in our 2.1.2 sample
(http://geronimo.apache.org/2008/10/03/geronimo-samples-v212-released.html),
the names are SampleTxDatasource and SampleNoTxDatasource, based on
the database pool plan:

<name>SampleTxDatasource</name>
<name>SampleNoTxDatasource</name>

Also, from all examples I looked at, it always uses 2 datasource names
(one is the TxDataSource, the other one is NoTxDatasource).
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to set up such a pool with
admin console, see JIRA

And these two datasources can be referred as below in persistence.xml
(you can check out the bank example):

        <jta-data-source>SampleTxDatasource</jta-data-source>
        <non-jta-data-source>SampleNoTxDatasource</non-jta-data-source>

I think, if you create your pool from console, the default datasource
name is puma2DS instead of jdbc/puma2DS, and you can double check that
before you deploy your pool (there is a show plan button to allow you
to view the plan).

P.S. I found some reply from David Jencks a while back ago on the same prob:

http://markmail.org/message/rlhorr23z7akikbo#query:JtaDataSourceWrapper+page:1+mid:6x3ou4tzrk7zfeci+state:results

Lin