Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raghuveer <ra...@infotechsw.com> on 2008/01/04 14:00:39 UTC

setting locale manually

How to set locale for my struts application.

My application will have 2 languages.

There will be 2 buttons in jsp page.

One button is polish and other is English.

on clicking of Polish button all the labels and button names and messages
are to be changed into polis language.

Any suggestions of implementing this

RE: setting locale manually

Posted by Raghuveer <ra...@infotechsw.com>.
Hello,

Since I have only to languages ,I have provided a button in screen and
passing url parameter "english" and "polish".

In Action file taking this language and forming locale object and setting to
ACTION method "setLocale"

Wprowadź - Enter

Above polish word is not coming exactly as label in JSP page when page is
rendered.

Could any one suggest any solution to resolve the i18N for messages.

----------

if(strLanguage!=null && strLanguage.equalsIgnoreCase("english")){
	strLanguage="en";
	strCountry="US";
}else if(strLanguage!=null && strLanguage.equalsIgnoreCase("polish")){
	strLanguage="pl";
	strCountry="PL";
}else{
	strLanguage="pl";
	strCountry="PL";
}

Locale locale=new Locale(strLanguage,strCountry);
setLocale(request,locale);

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
 From the documentation Martin linked to:

"For example, using the default parameter name, a request to
foo.action?request_locale=en_US, then the locale for US English is saved
in the user's session and will be used for all future requests."

So, specifying the locale parameter once is sufficient.

L.

RE: setting locale manually

Posted by Raghuveer <ra...@infotechsw.com>.