Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nagpal, Vikas" <vi...@utmb.edu> on 2002/10/08 16:30:16 UTC

To capture the CLICK event of SUBMIT button

Hello Everybody,

I have been trying to accomplish two jobs simultaneously. First on the CLICK
of my ANCHOR tag I want to assign some value to the HIDDEN input tag and
simultaneously carry this value to the page linked to HREF element of this
ANCHOR tag.

Till this point of time its a two CLICK process(Using JAVASCRIPT FUNCTION):

1) I CLICK on my HREF element and it assigns some value to the HIDDEN input
tag.

2) Then I CLICK on the SUBMIT button and it carries the value assigned to
the HIDDEN input tag to the page linked to the HREF element of the ANCHOR
tag.

Can i make this a single CLICK process by capturing CLICK event of the
SUBMIT button on the onClick event of my ANCHOR tag. Can I make this single
step process.

Thanks in advance,
With regards,
Vikas nagpal.