Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Esher, Marc (4-7260)" <me...@argusgroupinc.com> on 2005/06/21 13:53:08 UTC

changing error email subjects on the fly

All,
  I'm using log.error() pretty extensively, but it's problematic to have
all the emails have a static subject line. Is there any way to change
the subject of the email on the fly, and if no subject is set have it
default to the one in the properties file?

Thanks.

Marc

Re: changing error email subjects on the fly

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
You could try extending SMTPAppender.

On 6/21/05, Esher, Marc (4-7260) <me...@argusgroupinc.com> wrote:
> All,
>   I'm using log.error() pretty extensively, but it's problematic to have
> all the emails have a static subject line. Is there any way to change
> the subject of the email on the fly, and if no subject is set have it
> default to the one in the properties file?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marc

James Stauffer