Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Cheung <vi...@justware.co.jp> on 2006/08/15 07:15:42 UTC

what's the c.tld in struts-el designed for?

Hi, all;

c.tld in struts-el is not support rtexprssion.
So every flag should be set via action.
I don't think it can finish any job in this style.

What's the taglib designed for? Should I use
c-rt.tld as default?

Thanks

Regards;
Michael

Re: what's the c.tld in struts-el designed for?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Michael Cheung wrote:
> Hi, all;
>
> c.tld in struts-el is not support rtexprssion.
> So every flag should be set via action.
> I don't think it can finish any job in this style.
>
> What's the taglib designed for? Should I use
> c-rt.tld as default?

The 'rt' stands for 'runtime expression' (i.e. <%expr%>). The non-rt TLD
disables runtime expressions, since you should prefer JSP EL (e.e
${expr}) type expressions when using JSTL. You would only need to use
the -rt variant if you have JSPs which are already using a lot of
runtime expressions and you don't want to minimize the amount you have
to change them to take advantage of JSTL.

L.