Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Morgan Lindqvist <mo...@ericsson.com> on 2017/03/01 19:13:27 UTC

[qpid c++] ACL for writing to an exchange

Hi All,

I have an issue that I can not get working

Setup:

I have one exchange and three queues connected to it with a filter between
the exchange and each queue.

The issue I have is to get the users write access to the exchange.

acl allow producer access exchange name=nwEx
acl allow producer access queue name=nwEx
acl allow producer publish exchange routingkey=nwEx

This does however not give the users in the "producer" group write access to
the exchange. I have tried looking for documentation but failed. Any
pointers or examples would be very much appreciated.

I do not have the error message available now but it is something like that
the user do not have write access to the queues connected to the exchange.

/Morgan

Re: [qpid c++] ACL for writing to an exchange

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/03/17 09:18, Morgan Lindqvist wrote:
> I am using AMQP 1.0, a requirement for the implementation. Can I not use an
> "exchange" and connect it to a queue and write to the exchange and read from
> the queue in this case?

Yes, you can. AMQP 1.0 doesn't cover the binding of the queue to the
exchange but you can use the brokers management tools or management
protocol to do that.

However you would be publishing to an explicit, named exchange, and
would need to specify the name of the exchange in the ACl rule.

> I have big difficulties in identifying which part of quid that is for 1.0
> and which parts are for pre- 1.0

Sorry about that. There are some 1.0 specific notes:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-cpp.git;a=blob;f=docs/amqp-1.0.txt;h=0e811a68f5975b1cbb5c404316b5997ec763a70b;hb=HEAD

Also feel free to ask questions on this list.

Re: [qpid c++] ACL for writing to an exchange

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Without the "name" field the ACL rule applies to "AMQP 1.0 establish sender link to queue" and not to AMQP 0-10 publishing to an exchange.

See the table http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-cpp-1.36.0/cpp-broker/book/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Security.html#tabl-Messaging_User_Guide-ACL_Syntax-ACL_ActionObject_properties

Section 1.5.2.5 of that document describes auditing your ACL file.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Morgan,