Posted to user@tika.apache.org by aravinth thangasami <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 15:27:36 UTC

Tika jars - Class collision

Hi all,

we are using Tika 1.14 to extract text from various files.
currently, we are using Tika via Jar class Loader (
https://github.com/kamranzafar/JCL) to avoid
class name collision with other jars.

we found that loading classes via JCL take up more time.
So we decided to rename entire Tika jars to avoid class name collisions.

On renaming Tika jar, I used this tool ( https://github.com/shevek/jarjar )
to rename all the classes in the tika-app.jar

After using that tool, Tika parser failed to parse content.

Next option we have is, rename the entire source code of Tika repository
with different package
But that has a huge change to make.

else is there any other solutions available to avoid class collisions

Thanks
Aravinth

Re: Tika jars - Class collision

Posted by aravinth thangasami <ar...@gmail.com>.