Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Robert Dietrick <rd...@sega.com> on 2003/10/08 20:42:11 UTC

oracle statement parsing/select * from ...

I'm using Torque 3.0, and I've modified all of the generated code to
make doPSSelect() calls instead of doSelect() calls.  Still, our DBA
insists that he sees a high parse rate in our Oracle database with
statements such as:
SELECT *
FROM user_action
WHERE USER_ID=51521

I've seen references in the mailing list archives to problems in which
Torque does a select before issuing an update or insert statement.  Can
anyone shed any light on this situation?  Has anyone else encountered this?

-rob

RE: oracle statement parsing/select * from ...

Posted by Ramesh Sabeti <rs...@reazon.com>.
Robert,

Did you find an answer to your question?  I'm running into the same
problem, except doPSSelect returns a totally different list (list
elements are of type com.workingdogs.village.Record) which totally
crashes my program.

Ramesh.