Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/14 21:38:42 UTC

client/am/Versionj.ava

This class prints out a bunch of trace information about the client
version.  This is currently all hardcoded in English into the class.
Should these strings be internationalized?  I am thinking not since it's
debug information.  Any views on this?

Thanks,

David

P.S. I tried to trace how the logwriter gets set, but wound up in a dead
end with a constructor for NetConnection that appears to never get
called in our source...  How *does* the logwriter get set on a connection?

Re: client/am/Versionj.ava

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@sun.com>.
"David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> writes:

> P.S. I tried to trace how the logwriter gets set, but wound up in a
> dead end with a constructor for NetConnection that appears to never
> get called in our source...  How *does* the logwriter get set on a
> connection?

All the constructors for NetConnection take a NetLogWriter. The
constructors are called from the newNetConnection() methods in
ClientJDBCObjectFactory (and ClientJDBCObjectFactory40), which are
called from ClientDataSource.getConnection(), ClientDriver.connect()
and the constructors for ClientPooledConnection.

--
Knut Anders

Re: client/am/Versionj.ava

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>  How *does* the logwriter get set on a connection?

Hi David,

Assuming I'm understanding your question properly, you change
your test program from:

   Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);

   Properties props = new Properties();
   props.put("traceLevel", "-1");
   props.put("traceDirectory", "c:/temp");
   props.put("traceFile", "clientTrace.txt");
   props.put("traceFileAppend", "false");
   Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, props);

thanks,

bryan

P.S. I'd say that all that stuff in Version.writeDriverConfiguration
does not need to be translated, and is perfectly fine to stay as
English-only text.