Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thomas michelbach <t....@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 17:27:34 UTC

Session Management for axis2 ServiceClient

Hi,

I'm having a problem with session using a Service Client. I have two methods
calling two different operations of a web service. The webservice is not
implemented in axis2.

I need to use a session so the web service can identify the axis2 client by
each call.

My class defines a single ServiceClient to make two different call.

It has following option turned on:

client.getOptions().setManageSession(*true*);
When I make the first call the server runs the webservice and responds
correctly. Following header is then passed:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Set-Cookie: ssnid=4383SO95jARAuR1Ad3Cc6clMdI1KEQo-555562; path=/;

By the second call the client does not put the session data back to identify
itself.
Should it be able to use that Set-Cookie Information to identify itself?

So it passes only this information:

SOAPAction: "urn:anonOutInOp"

There is also no new header for identification of the session. So the
application starts a new session and returns an error, because the cached
data is not available.

Can someone help me? I'm using axis2 1.1.1

Bye and Thanks a lot,
Thomas

--
Thomas Michelbach

Re: Session Management for axis2 ServiceClient

Posted by Thomas michelbach <t....@gmail.com>.
Hello,

as Deepal said, I posted the issue to JIRA last week:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2282

I would like to know how long it takes in average to solve such an issue.
Because right now I'm not able to use axis2 session management with any
application server that does not deliver the JSSION.

Thanks for the help.

Bye,
Thomas

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: Session Management for axis2 ServiceClient

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi  Thomas;

Please create a JIRA , seems like we need to support different session
ids , at the moment we support JSSION but not ssnid.

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with session using a Service Client. I have two
> methods calling two different operations of a web service. The
> webservice is not implemented in axis2.
>
> I need to use a session so the web service can identify the axis2
> client by each call.
>
> My class defines a single ServiceClient to make two different call.
>
> It has following option turned on:
>
> client.getOptions().setManageSession(*true* );
>
> When I make the first call the server runs the webservice and responds
> correctly. Following header is then passed:
>
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Set-Cookie: ssnid=4383SO95jARAuR1Ad3Cc6clMdI1KEQo-555562; path=/;
>
> By the second call the client does not put the session data back to
> identify itself.
> Should it be able to use that Set-Cookie Information to identify itself?
>
> So it passes only this information:
>
> SOAPAction: "urn:anonOutInOp"
>
> There is also no new header for identification of the session. So the
> application starts a new session and returns an error, because the
> cached data is not available.
>
> Can someone help me? I'm using axis2 1.1.1
>
> Bye and Thanks a lot,
> Thomas
>

> --
> Thomas Michelbach