Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com on 2020/03/19 11:03:44 UTC

Email Alerts

Devs,

I have a client request for email alerts to be sent to borrowers whose
repayments are falling due.

Mifos / Fineract as it is doesn't have email field for clients and I suspect
this will pose a challenge to set up email alerts.

Is there anyone who has built something to send email alerts to clients?

Kindly guide us on how we can achieve the same.

Best Regards;

*******

Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011

Email:  <ma...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

Schedule Meetings:  <https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid>
https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

RE: Email Alerts

Posted by Allen Bailochan Tuladhar <al...@unlimitedcloud.asia>.
Hi,

Is there any updates on this feature to send emails to customers?

Regards,
Allen.

We should have this feature in core. In fact on behalf of Muellners we could  do this, but we should get this drafted within the community.

I will start exploring the possibility of what can be done.

Email: zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com<ma...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
Schedule Meetings: https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

Re: Email Alerts

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.com>.
We should have this feature in core. In fact on behalf of Muellners we
could  do this, but we should get this drafted within the community.

I will start exploring the possibility of what can be done.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020, 16:34 , <za...@intrasofttechnologies.com> wrote:

> Devs,
>

> I have a client request for email alerts to be sent to borrowers whose
> repayments are falling due.
>

> Mifos / Fineract as it is doesn’t have email field for clients and I
> suspect this will pose a challenge to set up email alerts.
>

> Is there anyone who has built something to send email alerts to clients?
>

> Kindly guide us on how we can achieve the same.
>

> Best Regards;
>
> *********
>
> *Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O*
>
> Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: *zsaid2011*
>
> Email: zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com
>
> Schedule Meetings: https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid
>
> [image: Description: Email banner]

RE: Email Alerts

Posted by za...@intrasofttechnologies.com.
Hi Javier,

Yes definitely, would like to hear more of how we can implement it.

Kindly get in touch with me via Skype (zsaid2011) to discuss more.

Regards;

*******

Schedule Meetings:  <https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid> https://calendly.com/zayyadsaid

Posted by Ankit Muellner <an...@muellners.org>.
Hello community,

 I second Michael and Saransh & Javier’s thoughts. There needs improvement
in the way this community engages with each other over issue based
development for a third party when there are small tickets involved.

Saransh & GSOC 2020 Kaze recently proposed a bounty platform that paves way
for establishing such a sponsor-dev relationship over open tickets. This is
also a mechanism to bring forward upstream behaviour.

@Michael would you like to contribute. The purpose statement of this bounty
platform is exactly what you just stated out of your expression over such
threads. @Javier would you also like to contribute as you have kept this
community OSS fundamentals strong for as long as I can remember.
@Ed can monitor this bounty Service and advance it’s adoption while PMC
Apache can register priority of tickets based on functional & tech
standards.

The bounty platform is demo ready in few weeks. It will match these small
requests against Fineract developers. The payments should get processed
across to the dev and there is a GIT enabled service.

To accelerate this community‘s OSS fundamentals, we require to engage over
such a medium for pin pointed developments.
Thanks.

On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 08.18, Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.org> wrote:

> [...]
> in the product rather then client coming and saying we want this if they
> want they should purely use freelancing and bounty program out there and
> following the rigorous testing methodology.
>
> I mean off course the offer sounds great that I am ready to pay some
> amount , according to industry standards the current developers rate is 45
> USD per hour or so it should be the base line if someone is willing to get
> it done and with IT in place .
>
> Hence I propose we should have restructuring in terms of someone wanting
> to introduce a new feature
>
> One could why this feature is needed and who is ready to work on talk to
> developers on the community directly and see if they align with or without
> commerce and once that is done involve Apache PMC and stuff and then make a
> plan and execute
>
> Rather then sending e-mail oh I want to have this feature just send it our
> way .
>
> Pardon my sentences written on phone
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 02-Dec-2020, at 12:05 PM, Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch> wrote:
>

> I've left a comment on the related
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1274.
>
> I'm trying to understand why this request is not moving forward. It seems
> like people are "hoping for" that some "volunteers" just "magically" do
> this work "for them"? But the way it works in an open source project like
> this one is basically just that someone who really wants this feature could
> "sponsor" (pay for!) another party to do such a development. I was hoping
> that such parties could be made to meet on this mailing list or through
> JIRA issues and come to an agreement to get this kind of work done, but it
> looks like that doesn't really work out like that...
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 7:59 PM Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io> wrote:
>
> Hi, I've created this issue:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1273 to kickstart the
>> discussion
>>
>> [image: Logo] <https://www.fiter.io>
>> *Javier Borkenztain* *| CEO*
>> *e:* javier@fiter.io
>> *w:* fiter.io <http://www.fiter.io>
>> *m:* +598 97980801
>> [image: twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/Fiter_io> [image: youtube
>> icon] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfWztdFtHI3PwaSLAEcwTNQ> [image:
>> linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fiter-io>
>>
>> Sent via Superhuman <ht...@fiter.io>
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 12:14:53, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:
>>
> Javier, this would be a wonderful way for your team at Fiterv to
>>> contribute to the upstream community. If you're able to create a respective
>>> ticket on jira, and continue discussion on this thread before opening up a
>>> pull request. Look forward to this potential contribution.
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020, 09:37 Javier Borkenztain <ja...@fiter.io> wrote:
>>>
>> Hi Zayyad, we've built this functionality for some of our clients.

Ankit Müllner Muellners Europe +4581929792 Sent from my iPad. This mail is
governed by Muellners® IT policy. The information contained in this e-mail
and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in
error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete
this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or
other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to
ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are
deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

Re: Email Alerts

Posted by Saransh Sharma <sa...@muellners.org>.

Re: Email Alerts

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.