Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2006/09/12 12:15:05 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Axis2 next release (Axis2 1.1) - Postponed

Hi All;

We got enough vote for our next release , so we can go ahead and release
Axis2 1.1  !!!

As usual , this time also I have to postponed the release by a week
due  to;
  - There are few SNAP_SHOT dependencies , that we need to get stable
release of them
  - There are a number of Blockers , and at this point I dont think we
can fix them all by 18th .

So I am thinking of postponed Axis2 1.1 release by one week and plaining
to have the release on 29th September 2006. There wont be any new
feature addition and I would like to do the code freeze by 25th September.

Thanks
Deepal

>Hi all;
>
>Axis2 1.0 release on 05/05/2006 and it took about four month after that
>release and I think this is the good time for next release (well we
>discuss this sometimes ago in the list :) ).
>
>Well we have few blockers to fix and I am sure that we can fix them soon :)
>
>As you know there are a number of SNAPSHOT dependencies for various
>projects , the problem is how to get stable release for those, we can
>not release Axis2 1.1 with any SNAPSHOT dependences.
> - Axiom
> - jibx
> - neethi
> - woden
> - XmlSchema
>
>I think we will be able to get release for axiom , neethi and xmlScheam
>before Axis2 release , but not sure about other two.
>
>Any way I am +1 on releasing Axis2 1.1 on week starting form 18th
>Septembers.
>
>Any suggestions ......
>
>Thanks
>Deepal