Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ass World <as...@rack.shacknet.nu> on 2000/08/08 22:14:32 UTC

Delete task.

I'm looking at the code for the delete task (Ant 1.1) and it seems to
support include/exclude, yet when I try to use this feature, Ant
complains. Is it in there, and if so how do I make use of it?

Thanks,

A.S.S.

Re: Delete task.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 AW> I'm looking at the code for the delete task (Ant 1.1) and it
 AW> seems to support include/exclude,

It does.

 AW> yet when I try to use this feature, Ant complains.

What does it say? Are you sure, the Ant you are running is not an
older version of Ant - has happend many times to others before.

The syntax should be (straight from the docs)

<delete dir="." includes="**/*.bak"/>

or a little bit more fancy (not in the docs)

<delete dir="." defaultexcludes="off">
  <include name="**/*~" />
  <include name="**/#*#" />
  <include name="**/*.bak" />