Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Andy Christianson <ai...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/21 14:18:11 UTC

"Node Group" property of FileAccessPolicyProvider

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.

Re: "Node Group" property of FileAccessPolicyProvider

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
This sounds like a good idea to me.

Just to clarify how this would work, in the file-based policy provider
we'd have something like:

<property name="Initial Admin Identity">admin</property>
<property name="Node Group">cluster-nodes</property>

During start up the "cluster-nodes" group gets granted permission to /proxy.

Then a separate piece of work would be to implement a
UserGroupProvider that knew about all the nodes in the cluster
(presumably from ZooKeeper?) and would internally create users for
those nodes and put them into the "cluster-nodes" group.

This way when nodes are added to the cluster they are automatically
picked up by the UserGroupProvider and automatically have the correct
permissions because of being in the Node Group.

If so, I think that sounds like nice way help with adding/removing nodes.