Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/25 07:02:55 UTC

Master branch is broken ?

Hello,
It looks like the master branch is broken.

This is the patch that broke the build
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2842

I wonder how I could pass in that patch.

Is it possible that we are not building the ETCD project ? IIRC we had
integration tests for ETCD

To reproduce:
"mvn clean install -DskipTests"

Error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile
(default-compile) on project metadata-stores-etcd: Compilation failure
[ERROR]
/Users/enrico.olivelli/dev/bookkeeper/metadata-drivers/etcd/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/metadata/etcd/EtcdLedgerManagerFactory.java:[39,1]
org.apache.bookkeeper.metadata.etcd.EtcdLedgerManagerFactory is not
abstract and does not override abstract method newLedgerAuditorManager() in
org.apache.bookkeeper.meta.LedgerManagerFactory

PR to fix it, Thank you ZhangJian He !
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2845

I am going to commit the patch as soon as CI passes.

We need further investigation, we must trust  CI and if it is not building
the project then this is a problem

Best regards

Enrico

Re: Master branch is broken ?

Posted by Prashant Kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yeah. Somehow we missed building etcd with gradle.

Re: Master branch is broken ?

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.