Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2008/10/12 19:51:38 UTC

m2eclipse plugin, debug configuration classpath/sources issue?

Hello!

I recently found some really weird issue when doing the debug of the libraries
with attached sources in Eclipse. I used projects, which are being built by
Maven2. The problem is if any new dependency was added after the debug
configuration is created, then the source for the dependency is downloaded
using the context menu - Eclipse does not see the source until the debug
configuration is removed and re-created. I am using remote application debug
configuration if that matters.

Looks like this is m2eclipse issue, since if the project is re-generated after
the dependency was added using maven eclipse plugin - the new sources are
resolved immediately.

Can somebody please advice?

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: m2eclipse plugin, debug configuration classpath/sources issue?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
This has been fixed in the trunk version of m2eclipse.

On 12-Oct-08, at 10:51 AM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I recently found some really weird issue when doing the debug of the
> libraries
> with attached sources in Eclipse. I used projects, which are being
> built by
> Maven2. The problem is if any new dependency was added after the debug
> configuration is created, then the source for the dependency is
> downloaded
> using the context menu - Eclipse does not see the source until the
> debug
> configuration is removed and re-created. I am using remote
> application debug
> configuration if that matters.
>
> Looks like this is m2eclipse issue, since if the project is re-
> generated after
> the dependency was added using maven eclipse plugin - the new
> sources are
> resolved immediately.
>
> Can somebody please advice?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people
can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

  -- Paul Graham

Re: m2eclipse plugin, debug configuration classpath/sources issue?

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.
Eugeny,

  I don't think this particular issue been fixed yet. The problem seem to
related to sources configuration in cached by JDT in the launch config, and
that sources are not being updated when project configuration is changed.
We'll have to update existing launch configurations upon project change and
there is already foundation for this in m2eclipse core.

  Please submit bug report to the project issue tracker at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE
  It would also help if you could provide some test project that we could
use to reproduce and debug this issue

  Thanks

  Eugene