Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ron Van den Branden <ro...@kantl.be> on 2008/11/06 15:53:16 UTC

I/O redirection for XSLT task?

Hi,

I gather from the documentation at
<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/redirector.html> that the

I'm wondering if is it possible to specify I/O redirection for the
<xslt> task? If not, are there workarounds to get STDOUT and STDERR from
XSLT transformations?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Van den Branden

Re: I/O redirection for XSLT task?

Posted by Ron Van den Branden <ro...@kantl.be>.
Hi,

Robert Koberg schreef:
> Oh, well you could:
>
> $ ant mytask > some.txt

True, this captures all ant output. Probably the loggers
<http://ant.apache.org/manual/listeners.html> give better control over
this global output.
> You could also implement your own:
> http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/event/Emitter.html

Unfortunately, I don't have any Java skills. Therefore I was hoping for
an existing workaround...

Thanks,

Ron

Re: I/O redirection for XSLT task?

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
On Nov 6, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Ron Van den Branden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Robert Koberg schreef:
>>> I'm wondering if is it possible to specify I/O redirection for the
>>> <xslt> task? If not, are there workarounds to get STDOUT and
>>> STDERR from XSLT transformations?
>>
>> If you can use XSL 2.0  then there is the xsl:result-document which
>> lets you write where you want.
>>
> Thanks, actually I am using <xsl:result-document> in those XSLT 2.0
> stylesheets without problems, but those can't redirect the STDOUT
> and STDERR from the transformation process, can they?

Oh, well you could:

$ ant mytask > some.txt

You could also implement your own:
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/event/Emitter.html

best,
-Rob

Re: I/O redirection for XSLT task?

Posted by Ron Van den Branden <ro...@kantl.be>.
Hi,

Robert Koberg schreef:
>> I'm wondering if is it possible to specify I/O redirection for the
>> <xslt> task? If not, are there workarounds to get STDOUT and STDERR
>> from XSLT transformations?
>
> If you can use XSL 2.0  then there is the xsl:result-document which
> lets you write where you want.

Thanks, actually I am using <xsl:result-document> in those XSLT 2.0
stylesheets without problems, but those can't redirect the STDOUT and
STDERR from the transformation process, can they?

Kind regards,

Ron

Re: I/O redirection for XSLT task?

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.