Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ma...@allianz.com.au on 2004/02/06 01:37:41 UTC

How to insert ampersand in xdoc

Hey there

Does anyone know how to insert an & character into an xdoc.

I'm attempting to pass a parameter in a href. For example my xdoc source
contains something like:
Search</a>

Inserting & directly results in the following x:parse error:
     The reference to entity "userId" must end with the ';' delimiter.

I also tried &amp; and %26.
This ran xdoc:jelly-transform successfully but embeds &amp; or %26 instead
of & thereby breaking the href.

Appreciate any pointers or assistance....

Cheers
Mark

This email and any attachments is intended solely for the addressee.  It is
confidential, may contain personal information and may be subject to legal
professional privilege.  Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this by mistake, confidentiality and any
legal privilege are not waived or lost and we ask that you contact the
author  and delete and destroy this and any other copies.   In relation to
any legal use you may make of  the contents of this email, you must ensure
that you comply with the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and you should note that
the contents may be subject to copyright and therefore may not be
reproduced, communicated or adapted without the express consent of the
owner of the copyright.  Allianz will not be liable in connection with any
data corruption, interruption, delay, computer virus or unauthorised access
or amendment to the contents of this email.

Re: How to insert ampersand in xdoc

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Try this :
&amp;amp;

Emmanuel

> Does anyone know how to insert an & character into an xdoc.
>
> I'm attempting to pass a parameter in a href. For example my xdoc source
> contains something like:
Monkey