Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Derrick (R.) Kittler" <de...@sabic-ip.com> on 2009/04/06 21:31:30 UTC

Product Pricing - Quick Question

Almost all of our product is sold in bulk (USD/lb or kg) and I would like to
understand the most straight forward way to set-up product so that it can be
presented and purchased in this manner. For example the customer would
select 150lbs of product at $5USD/lb with a potential incentive or price
break at 200lbs (>200 lbs then the price/lb drops to $2USD/lb).
Thoughts on how to efficiently set this up? I deeply appreciate your help.

-derrick

Re: Product Pricing - Quick Question

Posted by CJay Horton <ja...@gmail.com>.
Derrick,

If you look on:

https://demo.ofbiz.org/ecommerce/

You could just treat the Quantity unit as a pound. Like, if you go on the
ecommerce site and add 1.5 round gizmo to your cart it would be the same as
you adding 1.5 pound of round gizmo to the cart.  You could just modify the
.ftl page and have it say pounds or whatever.  Now, this could get a little
tricky if the same item is available in kg or lbs. Perhaps someone else has
a better suggestion.

The second part of your post is easily taken care of in the Product promos.
Check out the back office site at:

https://demo.ofbiz.org/catalog/control/FindProductPromo

and look at the examples.

Post back if you need anymore help.