Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "David F. Skoll" <df...@roaringpenguin.com> on 2013/06/04 15:34:03 UTC

Sender address verification (was Re: Bizarre and seemingly pointless spams)

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:32:17 +0200
Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> wrote:

> Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2013-06-04 15:19:

> > note that many servers consider sender address verification as
> > abuse.

> note that i do spf test before sender address verification, that way
> i keep it low abuse, if you like that word

Even so, sender address verification won't work against the majority
of Microsoft Exchange servers: http://david.skoll.ca/blog/2010-12-29-microsoft-dumbness.html

Regards,

David.

Re: Sender address verification (was Re: Bizarre and seemingly pointless spams)

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
David F. Skoll skrev den 2013-06-04 15:34:
> On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:32:17 +0200
> Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> wrote:
>
>> Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2013-06-04 15:19:
>
>> > note that many servers consider sender address verification as
>> > abuse.
>
>> note that i do spf test before sender address verification, that way
>> i keep it low abuse, if you like that word
>
> Even so, sender address verification won't work against the majority
> of Microsoft Exchange servers:
> http://david.skoll.ca/blog/2010-12-29-microsoft-dumbness.html

https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/microsoft.com

one day it works :)