Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by chengas123 <be...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 21:24:59 UTC

Getting patches committed

Hi,
I submitted a bug fix patch about three weeks ago and it seems like it was
approved and never committed (WW-2094 and WW-2300).  I know everyone's busy,
but it seems like those issues on the JIRA are being ignored.  Another patch
(WW-2240) has been ignored as well.  I've got a much more recent patch
(WW-2256) that I'm also hoping someone will take a look at.  Let me know if
there's anything I can do to help get these fixes committed (which address
rather noticeable, major, and easy to fix issues) since I don't have commit
privileges.

Thanks,
Ben
http://benmccann.com

Re: Getting patches committed

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/3, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>:

> <frustration-speaking>
> Personally, I think that the Java web community should be ashamed.
> Struts has generated millions of dollars of revenue for consultants,
> training centers, and publishers, the world over, and saved tens of
> thousands of companies the expense of developing and documenting their
> own framework. Yet, no one has ever stepped up and tried to put a paid
> developer into the Struts group. It boggles the mind.
> </frustration-speaking>

Probably we need to change license to GPL, to let them know what they are
losing :-)

Antonio

Re: Getting patches committed

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I'll be heads-down until at least December 19th, but I should be able
to start appying patches again by the end of the year.

It's not that they are being ignored, it's just, as you say, that no
one has time. Struts is still an all-volunteer project, and everyone
has some other full time job.

<frustration-speaking>
Personally, I think that the Java web community should be ashamed.
Struts has generated millions of dollars of revenue for consultants,
training centers, and publishers, the world over, and saved tens of
thousands of companies the expense of developing and documenting their
own framework. Yet, no one has ever stepped up and tried to put a paid
developer into the Struts group. It boggles the mind.
</frustration-speaking>

-Ted.

HTH, Ted <http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>