Posted to dev@inlong.apache.org by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> on 2022/06/15 07:04:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] How to reduce the size of the binary package?

Hi all:

This release of version 1.2.0 found that the expansion of the binary
package is relatively large, exceeding the maximum allowable range of 1G
after base64 encoding set by the system, at the same time, it is impossible
for us to always apply to increase this maximum limit, that is, each The
release package needs to be controlled within 800M, otherwise the version
release will be stuck.

I would like to invite everyone to take a look at this problem and see how
to solve it: whether the released binary package only contains the most
basic and core modules and processes, and for non-essential auxiliary
modules and branch processes, we set it as source code release, so that
Compile when users configure and use on-demand?

Looking forward to your opinion, thanks!

Re: [DISCUSS] How to reduce the size of the binary package?

Posted by Heal Chow <he...@apache.org>.
Yes, in the future, the Manager module will gradually supplement support for various
connectors, which will increase the size of the manager's binary package.

We need to think about how to manage the build method of the Manager module in the next.

Best,
healchow

Posted by Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org>.