Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chuck Carson <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/21 16:46:36 UTC

Can Tomcat User Locak Socket instead of TCP for Mysql Connections?

I noticed that the URL contrains the port number for mysql, 3306. Is it possible for tomcat to use
the local socket directly? (/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock by default from most Linuxes)

Thx,
rhugga

Re: Can Tomcat User Locak Socket instead of TCP for Mysql Connections?

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 07:46:36AM -0700, Chuck Carson wrote:
: I noticed that the URL contrains the port number for mysql, 3306. Is it possible for tomcat to use
: the local socket directly? (/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock by default from most Linuxes)

Check the docs for the MySQL JDBC driver, which sits between Tomcat and
the database.  I know the PostgreSQL driver requires network
connectivity, but perhaps MySQL would be different.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com