Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnie Marira <a_...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/16 07:22:29 UTC

[users@httpd] intalling Apache

i am installing Apache 2.0.52-win32-x86-no_ssl on a windows XP HE machine. after entering the server name and domain details ,in the windows installer, i get a command prompt box with the following error message:

"(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  21..."

apache still goes ahead to complete installation, but no services will be installed, so I can not start apache. I would greatly appreciate any help

Re: [users@httpd] intalling Apache

Posted by hunter <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:22:29 -0700, Arnie Marira <a_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> i am installing Apache 2.0.52-win32-x86-no_ssl on a windows XP HE machine.
> after entering the server name and domain details ,in the windows installer,
> i get a command prompt box with the following error message:
>
> "(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
> address/port)
> is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
> Unable to open logs
> Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  21..."
>
> apache still goes ahead to complete installation, but no services will be
> installed, so I can not start apache. I would greatly appreciate any help

Arnie,

This error message indicates that there is another application
listening to port 80.

netstat -a -o

The application associated with 'http' is bound to the port 80

Chris Lewis