Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 17:55:52 UTC

[2.x] Samples

With all the 2.x changes going on and runtime starting discussion i was
wondering about changing some of our samples so that most samples create
proper SCA contribution jars, they get run by deploying the contribution to
a runtime, they wouldn't include the client impl which invokes the sample
within the contribution jar, and maybe also have samples use the
contributions from other samples. It would need a launcher if we did it that
way (like what is being discussed on the runtime launching thread), and we'd
need separate client samples.

It might make the very simplest samples slightly more complicated, but it
makes the sample contributions more reusable across the various runtime
environments and would demonstrate how to use domains with multiple
contributions and composites and how to swap around different binding and
implementation types.

I'm in two minds if it would be better than the current approach, what do
others think?

   ...ant

Re: [2.x] Samples

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

I like the build.xml's and the sample itests, that will be really good for
maintaining the stability of the samples.

Don't really mind either way with the sample names, the new way is a bit
more wordy but at least it keeps samples grouped together so eg all ws ones
would be next to each other when looking at a directory list.

   ...ant

Re: [2.x] Samples

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [2.x] Samples