Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> on 2002/11/25 23:52:51 UTC

Forrest updates

Keiron Liddle wrote (on about 11-19, in a different thread):

> Currently the document updating process is manual (but a lot easier than
> before).
> Now that current cvs fop can handle the documents a lot better I will do
> an update once the content is improved.
>
> So keep the updates coming and other things like fo examples are always
> welcome.

Is Forrest ready to handle the automatic updating? If so, is there anything
I can do to help get that process working for FOP? I'm still chasing the
idea that if we can make it almost as easy & immediate to update the doc as
it is to answer the mailing lists, we might be able to eliminate some of the
mailing list traffic.

Victor Mote

Re: Forrest updates

Posted by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au>.
Victor Mote wrote:
> Keiron Liddle wrote (on about 11-19, in a different thread):
>

>>Currently the document updating process is manual (but a lot easier than
>>before).
>>Now that current cvs fop can handle the documents a lot better I will do
>>an update once the content is improved.
>>
>>So keep the updates coming and other things like fo examples are always
>>welcome.
>

> Is Forrest ready to handle the automatic updating? If so, is there anything
> I can do to help get that process working for FOP? I'm still chasing the
> idea that if we can make it almost as easy & immediate to update the doc as
> it is to answer the mailing lists, we might be able to eliminate some of the
> mailing list traffic.

And if it is not automatic, an explanation of the easier than before
manual process would be useful.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"

Re: Forrest updates

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 23:52, Victor Mote wrote:
> Keiron Liddle wrote (on about 11-19, in a different thread):
>
> > Currently the document updating process is manual (but a lot easier than
> > before).
> > Now that current cvs fop can handle the documents a lot better I will do
> > an update once the content is improved.
> >
> > So keep the updates coming and other things like fo examples are always
> > welcome.
>
> Is Forrest ready to handle the automatic updating?

Not yet, but they are working on it. :)

If so, is there anything
> I can do to help get that process working for FOP?

There are still more docs to be converted across.