Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by sathyamac <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/22 12:49:01 UTC

"Entity not enhanced" exception even after enhancement

Hi,

I am responsible for creating a simple logging jar which logs strings into
the database. I use OpenJPA for this. There is only a single entity in my
application which I enhance and then release the whole component as  jar.
This is done from my Ant build file.

One of the consumers of this jar reported an issue. He is creating an EAR
project with my jar locally packaged, His application also uses OpenJPA.
When he deploys his application (in Websphere) without enhancing his JPA
entities, things work fine. However, if the enhancer is run on his entities,
he gets an error that my MessageLog entity is not enhanced. How is this
possible? I know that my entity has been enhanced.

Is there any reason for this? I have not yet checked if we are using
different versions of OpenJPA but would that be a possible issue? Any leads
for analysis would be appreciated as I am quite clueless on this :)

Thanks.