Posted to repository@apache.org by Laszlo Hornyak <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/20 22:14:31 UTC

publishing 3rd party artifacts

Hi,

I am trying to remove the unreliable third party repositories from
cloudstack dependencies and I am stuck with an artifact provided by ceph.com.
The developers do not respond and the sonatype ossrh refused to give
permission to publish under com.ceph groupId.
Is it possible to use the apache repository infrastructure to publish
artifacts with groupId like 'org.apache.cloudstack.ceph'?

Best regards,
Laszlo

--

EOF

Re: publishing 3rd party artifacts

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
The cloudstack pmc effectively owns org.apache.cloudstack so if they
deem it appropriate within the license of ceph and their project, then
yes, there's no problem.