Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Sachin Sharma <sa...@uber.com> on 2018/08/23 22:49:30 UTC

Feature request: Include state of Agent (UP/DRAINING) in Get_Agents Response

Hi,

I would like to make a feature request to include maintenance state of the
agent as a part of response of Operator HTTP API Get_Agents call.

Currently, the Get_Agents HTTP response looks like

> {
>   "type": "GET_AGENTS",
>   "get_agents": {
>     "agents": [
>       {
>         "active": true,
>         "agent_info": {
>           "hostname": "host",
>           "id": {
>             "value": "3669ea49-c3c4-4b13-adee-05b8f9cb2562-S0"
>           },
>           "port": 34626,
>           "resources": [
>           ]
>         },
>         "pid": "slave(1)@127.0.1.1:34626",
>         "registered_time": {
>           "nanoseconds": 1470820171393027072
>         },
>         "total_resources": [
>         ],
>         "version": "1.1.0"
>       }
>     ]
>   }
> }

Would it be possible to also include the maintenance state of the agent
(UP/DRAINING) as a part of the response?

Thank you,
Sachin

Re: Feature request: Include state of Agent (UP/DRAINING) in Get_Agents Response

Posted by Sachin Sharma <sa...@uber.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of GET_MAINTENANCE_STATUS call. I agree
it is a light-weight, low overhead call.

*GET_AGENTS*
> This call retrieves information about all the agents known to the master.

But what I am trying to say is it would be good to have all agent related
information in the GET_AGENTS response. GET_AGENTS response has a lot of
fields describing the agent state. Since "maintenance state" is also
contributes to an agent state, why not make it a part of GET_AGENTS
response?

Thank you,
Sachin

Posted by Benjamin Bannier <be...@mesosphere.io>.