Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2014/11/25 21:10:15 UTC

Moving MetaModel towards a TLP

Hi all,

I am preparing for us to move towards a new Top Level Project
infrastructure. Since this is my first time to do it, I want to first let
you know that it might not go as fast as everyone wants since I am also
learning along the way. But there are some good guides [1] that I try to
follow.

So far I have added our project to the ASF board's committee-info file
which describes the projects, the PMC members and our reporting duties.

I have also updated our incubator status page [2], but am a little unsure
how much we updating we should do there versus someone from the IPMC (not
sure who has the final say on all items).

The big changes are still pending. We need to move to a new git location, a
new mailing list, a new website, and our new releases will go to new
distrbution directories. This list is far from exhaustive, so lots of work
ahead :-)

Especially the source control might have impact on everybody's work. I have
seen some nasty scenarios of switching source control locations, but that
was with SVN and I think we are fortunate that this is easier to manage
with git. But once we transition to a new git location I hope everyone will
be helpful in exchanging tips to do the migration.

Let me know if you have any concerns. And if you have any tips or heads up,
or experiences from other graduation processes - do share!

Best regards,
Kasper

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/metamodel.html

Re: Moving MetaModel towards a TLP

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
... and the link:

I think that should cover it all, but please raise any comments you might
have!

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.