Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by daniel robinson <dr...@dnai.com> on 2002/06/05 23:06:30 UTC

Passing xmap parameters to xsp

Ok, I've been struggling with this for hours.

I want to set a parameter in my pipeline something like this:

 <map:match pattern="index">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/w3/index2.xsp"/>
       <map:parameter name="SourcePage" value="Index"/>              <--------
Set it here
   <map:transform src="stylesheets/w3/index2.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

and then use it in index2.xsp.  I tried this:

...snip...
     <esql:execute-query>
       <esql:query>
                select * from "Story"
                     where
                    "ProjectName" = 'MyProj'
                        and
                    "PageName" = '"$SourcePage"'           <----- use it here
...snip...

Please help.  I've been looking all through the doco - examples etc.   When I
try the above I get an exception when Cocoon attempts to recompile the
sitemap.

Thanks,

Dan