Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by 寸代永 <dp...@deppon.com> on 2012/04/11 11:54:59 UTC

timeout rollback

Hi,i met some problem when i use CXF,wish you can help me!

   when i set the value of receiveTimeout of client via
HTTPClientPolicy.setReceiveTimeout() and the client catch the
SocketTimeoutException ,but the server don't rollback.How can i solve the
problem,make the server rollback when client catch SocketTimeoutException.

Thank you very much!

davidcun

Re: timeout rollback

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

receiveTimeout is pure client side configuration, it can't change any
behavior on sever side.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "rollback" here, if you wanna
server can resend message once detect the client is available again,
you should use WS-ReliableMessage or JMS transport.
If the rollback you mean here is something like database transaction
rollback on server side, you need implement it yourself on server
side, for example when server detect any exception it should rollback
the db operation.

Freeman
On 2012-4-11, at 下午5:54, 寸代永 wrote:

> Hi,i met some problem when i use CXF,wish you can help me!
>
>   when i set the value of receiveTimeout of client via
> HTTPClientPolicy.setReceiveTimeout() and the client catch the
> SocketTimeoutException ,but the server don't rollback.How can i
> solve the
> problem,make the server rollback when client catch
> SocketTimeoutException.
>
> Thank you very much!
>

> davidcun

Freeman Fang