Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Archie Cobbs <ar...@dellroad.org> on 2009/03/16 19:00:18 UTC

Ivy RoundUp status report

Hi all,

I thought folks the list would like to hear a status report on Ivy
RoundUp<http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/>
.

For those unfamiliar, Ivy RoundUp is a public Ivy repository utilizing the
new packager resolver added in Ivy 2.0. The project has the stated goals of
being comprehensive, up-to-date, refined, and self-consistent.

Ivy RoundUp is focused on being a "proper" Ivy repository, not tied to
Maven, and therefore free of Maven's limited dependency resolution (though
we can of course still pull artifacts from the Maven2 repository). I see a
lot of Maven-related discussion on this list; in some cases, using Ivy
RoundUp can help.

Overall things are going well. We have steady contributors and as of now the
repository <http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules.xml>contains
117 modules incorporating 280 distinct module revisions and is
being updated regularly. I'm especially happy that our build infrastructure
is working well and keeping the maintenance effort (for fixing modules,
adding new revisions, etc.) low.

We welcome new contributions and comments from anyone interested in using or
joining the project. If you do, please consider joining the discussion
group<http://groups.google.com/group/ivyroundup>
.

Thanks,
-Archie