Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/05/01 13:55:14 UTC

Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

HI,

> [1] https://github.com/apache/airflow#who-uses-apache-airflow

Which as far as I can see doesn’t follow ASF policy - links need to be no-follow for starters.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> It would really make sense to have this documented somewhere where everyone can read it.

I believe it on trademarks list to do.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

It would really make sense to have this documented somewhere where everyone can read it.

But I have no problems with it. Was just pointing out that the first document actually didn't explicitly say that.

Chris
________________________________
> But the text in the link actually says you have to be consistent ... not that all links have to be no-follow.

You need to rad elsewhere - see also this [1]

Justin

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r68df1ac8c2895071ca81e5183ad181891c98bbe1e379488653568327%40%3Cprivate.incubator.apache.org%3E

Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

But the text in the link actually says you have to be consistent ... not that all links have to be no-follow.

Chris

Am 01.05.20, 16:39 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > Can you point to that policy?

    See [1] also see recent conversation re shardingshpere and trademarks/branding.

    Thanks,
    Justin

    1. https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking#projectthanks

Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 Can you point to that policy?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

So it seems in Asciidoc we could to this by "[opts=nofollow]".
If we simply do that, would that be ok?

I think I'll create an almost empty list which is currently not linked to the navigation menu
Then we have something to work with and discuss.

Chris