Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sibgha Nazir <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/06 09:06:37 UTC

Enjoy Hints on wicket application

Hi,

I want to integrate https://xbsoftware.com/products/enjoyhint/ in my wicket
application. Just need a little idea if its possible. I havent tries yet.
But it seems like a angular js application. I always had some trouble
integrating complex javascript with wicket and  I apologize for lack of
knowledge in how angular js works. But if anyone thins its doable I will
put my effort into it.

Thanks. Regards,
Sibgha

Re: Enjoy Hints on wicket application

Posted by Jeroen Steenbeeke <j....@gmail.com>.
Short answer: yes, this is possible.
Long answer: including the library is easy (check chapter 16 of the Wicket
guide for several ways to do this:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/8.x/single.html#_resource_management_with_wicket
), as the only dependencies are JQuery (already in Wicket) and KineticJS
(which should be included in EnjoyHint). Whether or not the library is easy
to use once you get it included in your pages I don't know. The examples of
EnjoyHint suggest it matches elements by CSS class (which would be trivial
to do), but if you need to refer to components by ID the solution gets a
little bit more involved on the Wicket end (though not by much).

Sincerely,

Jeroen

--
Jeroen Steenbeeke