Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Austin Weidner <we...@comcast.net> on 2004/11/23 07:58:56 UTC

Bayes question

Really trying to figure out bayes. Auto learn is set up, and my headers are
showing autolearn=spam

However, when I do sa-learn --dump magic, there are zero spams and zero
hams.

By using the -D (debug) option, I can see sa-learn is looking at:

debug: bayes: 17216 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 17216 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen

When I get a new spam, these files are NOT being updated. The files being
updated are in:

/var/spool/mqueue/.spamassassin

How do I sort this out? Autolearn seems to be feeding the files in the
mqueue directory, but sa-learn (and therefore I would think spamassassin
itself) wants it in /root/.spamassassin

This is a MailScanner/SA installation. I've tried to set the path in the
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file to:

bayes_path /root/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0660

But this didn't do anything. In fact, when I did this, autolearn=spam
stopped showing up in headers.

Any ideas?