Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cabel Sasser <ca...@panic.com> on 2002/09/09 20:04:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Using "kill -HUP" with Apache 2.0.40 fails/crashes: thoughts?

Hey Guys,

I finally took the plunge and migrated up to Apache 2. We're running:

  Apache/2.0.40 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.40 OpenSSL/0.9.6g PHP/4.2.3

When I try to restart Apache -- either by doing a "kill -hup" or by
using "apachectl restart" -- Apache shuts down, and dumps the following
message to my error-log:

[Sun Sep 08 22:32:31 2002] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to
restart
[Sun Sep 08 22:32:32 2002] [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error
detected in the parent process

If I do "apachectl stop; apachectl start" it works just fine, so I have
a temporary work-around, but the error makes me a bit nervous.

Anyone know why my SIGHUP would be causing such a crash?

Is it something I should take up with the PHP boys?

Many thanks in advance!

With regards,
Cabel
Panic