Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nquirynen <na...@pensionarchitects.be> on 2011/05/12 09:21:36 UTC

GridPager's zone

Hey,

I have a page with a grid which is in a zone. I have also above this zone
some filters; they all update the zone with AJAX:

onChange="$('frmFilter').fire(Tapestry.FORM_PROCESS_SUBMIT_EVENT);"

And in the onSubmit i return zone.getBody();

This all works fine.

But now I only need the GridPager to also use AJAX. In the documentation I
see there is a "zone" parameter. But I have no idea how to access this...
I have also tried the inPlace attribute of the grid, but when I use that
every update gives me an empty result in the grid.

Any known problems/solutions to this?

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Re: GridPager's zone

Posted by BastianF <mi...@freenet.de>.
HI all,

i gave it a shot, but cant figure it out.

Paging a grid in a zone results in page reloading so the Zone is not
updated.
Using inplace=true lets the grid stay but "No data to display".

Interessting when you update the zone again, then the correct page is shown,
so the data is not lost, but somewhere hidden.

I know how to get the Event.
@OnEvent(component = "gridId")
void doIt() ...

But the event is after post and befor get. You loose all data you set there
until you persist.
Also the event seems not to be called when inPlace = true

Kind of stuck here

sorry :/