Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lloyd H. Meinholz" <me...@bmpcoe.org> on 2002/02/05 20:21:39 UTC

tomcat as HTTP server config question

For a couple of reasons, we have decided to use tomcat as a http server
as well as our application server. In our current setup with a web
server and an application server, in my web server config there is a
directory of reusable graphics that I refer to as /images which is an
alias to /my/server/dir/images. The directory contains only static
content (graphics). I would like all of my web applications to be able
to refer to files in this dir as /images/my_logo.jpg. Is there a smarter
way to do this than setting up images as a web application via Context?
What I have is:

<Context path="/images" docBase="/my/server/dir/images" debug="0"/>

It just seems weird and wasteful to have this as a web application.
Thanks for any pointers,

Lloyd