Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marco Rossi <ma...@markreds.it> on 2017/11/28 11:55:31 UTC

Customizing the Netbeans Platform Installer

Hi everybody,
I need to create an installer for my platform application and I’d like to use the Netbeans Installer infrastructure. I found and read Geertjan’s post about it at https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/customizing-the-netbeans-platform-installer and I would like to know how to use my custom harness/nbi folder instead of the Netbeans default one as mentioned in his note:

> Note: A disadvantage to this approach is if you're creating multiple application on your platform, i.e., the harness is shared between multiple applications. In that case, you'll need to configure, within each application, your usage of the harness/nbi folder. Or, an alternative might be to use different harness/nbi folders for different applications, i.e., copy in a different harness/nbi folder when you create a new installer, which could even be automated via an Ant script.

Does anyone do this before?

--Mark Reds

Re: Customizing the Netbeans Platform Installer

Posted by Marco Rossi <ma...@markreds.it>.
It is an ant based project.

Posted by Lars Bruun-Hansen <lb...@gmail.com>.
Ant or Maven based project ?