Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Baldwin Louie <ba...@rcn.com> on 2002/04/01 00:35:29 UTC

[Announce] Wingfoot SOAP 1.0

We are pleased to announce the release of Wingfoot SOAP 1.0

This is a part of the Wingfoot Mobile Web Services Platform, and can be
downloaded from
http://www.wingfoot.com/products.jsp

Wingfoot SOAP is a lightweight client implementation of SOAP 1.1 for J2ME
(CLDC and CDC) and J2SE. It's
features include:

* Small and fast
* Built-in support for int, integer, long, short, float, boolean, string,
dateTime, base64 and Java
beans.
* Supports Hashtable and Vector from Apache SOAP.
* Pluggable custom serializers for data structures not supported.
* Pluggable transports
* Support for Document style and RPC style payload
* Support for J2ME HTTP transport and J2SE HTTP transport provided

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

About Wingfoot

Wingfoot Software provides infrastructure to integrate memory constrained
devices with enterprise applications. Our Mobile Web Services Platform
enables devices with small form factor to integrate with J2EE,
.NET and legacy applications.

Please contact us at info@wingfoot.com or visit us on the web at
http://www.wingfoot.com for additional information about our products and
services.