Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com> on 2012/06/04 17:52:02 UTC

File Upload not working under SSL

This is similar to another posting ("file upload not work under SSL" on 27 Feb 2012), but no resolution was posted.

I have recently migrated (thanks to the new "OpenMeetings 2.X Installation on ubuntu 64bit 12.04" manual) to SSL and have discovered that I'm now unable to upload documents.  I select Upload File, choose the file, and click on Begin Upload.  Nothing happens.  The log files don't record any activity.

Anyone else run across this and solved it?

RE: RE: File Upload not working under SSL

Posted by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com>.
Thanks Stephen!

Here’s the log from the point of selecting a file and attempting to upload (I tried to different files):

doActionmenu:  importFile
INFO: #main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@_resizeview.setColor is deprecated.  Use #main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@_resizeview.setAttribute instead
uploadurl:  https://10.14.10.68:443/openmeetings/file.upload?moduleName=videoconf1&publicSID=2051a7b08d1565bb2d4ed11e820ea533&filename=infoc%2Epdf&parentFolderId=0&room_id=11&secondid=0&isOwner=false&sid=6fc89ed9396b0284ac9f3b8ae9b16769
url:  https://10.14.10.68:443/openmeetings/file.upload?moduleName=videoconf1&publicSID=2051a7b08d1565bb2d4ed11e820ea533&filename=infoc%2Epdf&parentFolderId=0&room_id=11&secondid=0&isOwner=false&sid=6fc89ed9396b0284ac9f3b8ae9b16769 «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:31 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:39 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'infoc.pdf', …, size: 881078, type: '.pdf'}»
onOpen invoked «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:31 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:39 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'infoc.pdf', …, size: 881078, type: '.pdf'}»
onIOError invoked «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:31 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Fri Mar 16 13:55:39 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'infoc.pdf', …, size: 881078, type: '.pdf'}»
uploadurl:  https://10.14.10.68:443/openmeetings/file.upload?moduleName=videoconf1&publicSID=2051a7b08d1565bb2d4ed11e820ea533&filename=localnews15%2Egif&parentFolderId=0&room_id=11&secondid=0&isOwner=false&sid=6fc89ed9396b0284ac9f3b8ae9b16769
url:  https://10.14.10.68:443/openmeetings/file.upload?moduleName=videoconf1&publicSID=2051a7b08d1565bb2d4ed11e820ea533&filename=localnews15%2Egif&parentFolderId=0&room_id=11&secondid=0&isOwner=false&sid=6fc89ed9396b0284ac9f3b8ae9b16769 «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Thu May 3 11:36:00 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Thu May 3 11:35:54 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'localnews15.gif', …, size: 102362, type: '.gif'}»
onOpen invoked «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Thu May 3 11:36:00 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Thu May 3 11:35:54 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'localnews15.gif', …, size: 102362, type: '.gif'}»
onIOError invoked «Object#252#247| {_listeners: [#main_content/@_content/@inner/uploadWindowExplorer/@myFileUpload], creationDate: Thu May 3 11:36:00 GMT-0500 2012, …, modificationDate: Thu May 3 11:35:54 GMT-0500 2012, name: 'localnews15.gif', …, size: 102362, type: '.gif'}»

I am running HTTPS only.  RTMP is running without SSL.

I have multiple certs in the conf directory (local and LDAP related certs).

I’ll poke around some more in the debugger – thanks for pointing that out!

Gary

http://www.codetwo.com

RE: Re: File Upload not working under SSL

Posted by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com>.
Yes, it is.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD424F.0981E610]<http://www.robertbird.com.au/>

[cid:image002.png@01CD424F.0981E610]

Posted by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com>.
Ah, that makes sense.  The good thing is that our corporate browser is IE (well, good/bad thing, I guess), I tend to use Chrome and was surprised by the behavior.  I think we’ll be good to go for our purpose, but if I get a chance to dig into the Chrome issue, I’ll definitely share the result.

Cheers!

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hey Gary,

We found this issue with Chrome too, seems to be an issue with the sandbox they are putting around Flash, you can try disabling it to see if it works then? I didn’t have any luck in windows but didn’t try in nix environment.

Cheers

Just discovered that the error occurs in Chrome, but not IE.  This is workable…

Thanks for your speedy replies Stephen – it’s really appreciated!  J

Posted by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com>.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD426E.318DBA20]<http://www.robertbird.com.au/>

[cid:image002.png@01CD426E.318DBA20]

Posted by Gary Franklin <gf...@tapestrysolutions.com>.
I’m in Ubuntu 10.04 so I imported the cert into the red5 conf keystore only.

[cid:image001.gif@01CD4253.B2BD94A0]<http://www.robertbird.com.au/>

[cid:image002.png@01CD4253.B2BD94A0]

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Hey Gary,