Posted to user@struts.apache.org by DONNIE HALE <DH...@longaberger.com> on 2001/02/19 21:02:06 UTC

Version 1.1 - Workflow / Event Model

Hi folks.

As I've read about various frameworks' support (or lack thereof) for an "event--based" approach to model 2 apps, some things sprang to mind. I checked the v1.1 to-do page and saw a couple of items that may cover this.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be useful to allow for "queueing" of actions/page-forwards. Thus, rather than simply returing the result of a findForward (or an ActionForward derived by some other means), an action can enqueue any number of actions/pages for processing. The controller would ensure that each of these are given the opportunity to do their thing. This can be simulated in a way to day by forwarding from action to action, but each action has to cooperate in ensuring the next one is called.

Just a thought...

Donnie