Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Norris <an...@tireswing.net> on 2004/10/23 18:24:21 UTC

2.64 -> 3.0.1 (and Bayes) Help

Hi All,

If this is in a FAQ or in the history, please point me to it, ridicule me,
and go on about your day. :-)

We have a Linux server running Ensim. We had SpamAssassin 2.60. Upgraded to
2.64. Then we tried to upgrade to 3.0.0. SpamAssassin would not start. (I
did the Bayes sa-learn stuff in the Upgrade file.) We went back to 2.6.4,
and Bayes was broken at that point. This was over a month ago.

As of Wednesday, we started noticing a lot of resources going to spamd
processes. We had not added any new rule sets or changed anything in the
previous week, so we have been very perplexed with this behavior on our server.

What we would absolutely love to do is have a clean install of 3.0.1 with
Bayes functioning properly.

If anyone has suggestions, or has been through this and survived, we would
be very interested in learning from you.

Thanks very much,

Andy Norris