Posted to user@poi.apache.org by bchennareddy <bc...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 18:41:12 UTC

xlsx file not able to open with MS excel but opening with Open Office

Hi,

I am creating xlsx file having multiple sheets using BigGridDemo approach
(xml based) and I am able to open with Open Office but not able to open with
Microsoft Office, while opening with MS office 2007 popup message is coming
like "Excel found unreadable content in '<xlsxfile name>.xlsx'. Do you want
to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this
workbook, click Yes'. if I press ok its showing error message as below :

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog
xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
  <logFileName>error030800_01.xml</logFileName>
- <repairedParts summary="Following is a list of repairs:">
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet3.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet4.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet5.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet6.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet7.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet8.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet9.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet10.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 30, column 37.</repairedPart>
  <repairedPart>Repaired Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet11.xml part with XML
error. Catastrophic failure Line 6, column 37.</repairedPart>
  </repairedParts>
- <repairedRecords summary="Following is a list of repairs:">
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet2.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet3.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet4.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet5.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet6.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet7.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet8.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet9.xml part</repairedRecord>
  <repairedRecord>Repaired Records: Cell information from
/xl/worksheets/sheet10.xml part</repairedRecord>
  </repairedRecords>
  </recoveryLog>

Can any one please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Balakrishna Reddy

Re: xlsx file not able to open with MS excel but opening with Open Office

Posted by bchennareddy <bc...@gmail.com>.
Finally I found the solution...

The actual problem was with merged cells (tags).
I was writing <MergedCells></MergedCells> tag even though there are no
merged cells. This was causing the problem. I removed this I am able to open
the xlsx file without any issues.

Thanks & Regards
Balakrishna Reddy